Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to do if my child is ill?

Please ring the school office as early as possible on the first day of sickness stating the child's name, class and reason for absence. Please continue to update the office with any following days.

What do I need to do if I am not able to collect my child as usual?

As soon as you are aware that you will not be able to collect your child as usual please telephone the office to advise. Please note if you email there is a risk the message will not be picked up in time. 

What's for lunch?

Our meal plan is three-weekly and can be found on the pabulum website / app

Can I take my child out of school during term time?

Please understand that parents do not have the right to take their children out of school during term time. However, if your child has a history of excellent attendance it is possible that the Governing Body may authorise a short absence under exceptional circumstances. It is important to remember that any such authorisation must be sought prior to making any travel arrangements. Please read the full guidelines on the website and complete the term time absence form available from the school office or download from the website.

How can I find out if the school is open during bad weather?

Check on the website and local radio stations.  In severe weather, when staff cannot get into school, the website will always display up to date information.

Who do I speak to if I have concerns about my child's progress?

The best person for you to speak to is the child's class teacher. Open communication between home and the class teacher always has a positive impact. If you have any further concerns, you may wish to make an appointment to see a senior member of staff.

What should I do if I think my child has special educational needs?

Speak to the class teacher to discuss your concerns. They will be able to discuss what progress your child is making and any additional support that can be offered. The teacher will discuss this further and seek the advice from our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.

What should I do if I think my child is being bullied?

We take bullying very seriously. Immediately speak with your child's class teacher to discuss your concerns. If you believe that the situation is continuing, please book an appointment to see the headteacher. Most importantly, please encourage your child to speak to an adult at school whenever they feel in need of help.

Can I volunteer to help in school?

Yes please, contact the school office and come along to one of our Learning Mentor Inductions which are advertised on the newsletter.


English Armenian Bulgarian Chinese (Traditional) Czech Filipino Finnish French Hindi Italian Korean Malay Polish Russian Slovak Urdu

The Grapevine

After School Club

from 7.45am until 6pm

Contact Us

The Vines,
Upper Cambourne,
Cambs. CB23 6DY

Tel: 01954 719630

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Head Teacher:
Mr Lee Faris
Mrs Alison Cooper
Cambourne Church Logo            Church of England logo            Methodist Church Logo            Cambs County Council logo